Art is acknowledged for its diversity of beauty and intrigue that appeals to the senses or emotions.
Enjoy being in the zone with a piece of art. Artists know what that zone is when it was created. Take a moment to engage with it. Some art is not understandable. For others, it may be intriguing, bewildering or filled with wonderment.
Get inspired by the many genres of art:
- Galleries are a great place to visit
- Discover the diversity of an Art trail in your local area
- Visit a live theatre performance
- Watch a movie version of a theatre performance e.g. Hamlet
- Read the same work of a play as an insight into the characters, plot, and theme
- Listen to a new type of music
- Dress up and attend a ballet performance
- Attend a theatre workshop
- Read a synopsis on morsels of ballet lore
- View displays of Public art in Public Places (activist art, participatory art, sculptures, murals, statues, Plot art, or Sand Sculptures)
- Create your own masterpiece
- Try a new creative art form
- Impart your musical knowledge on how to play a musical instrument
- Experience a live concert
- Watch an inspirational film.
- Share your art with others
- Attend a BookFest
- Many cafes exhibit local artists
- Showcase your love of poetry in a Poetry Slam competition
Regardless of whether we are moved by music or see into a craftsman's spirit through their work, art has the ability to transform us, to motivate and inspire our hearts.